Anna Glenn has been designing productive communities - for aesthetic, ecological, and economic benefit - since 1998.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Waterblogged

'Waterblogged' seems to be an appropriate title for the first project at hand: rerouting water at my home for the express purpose of preventing all that pesky flooding. I live in a traditional Chicago bungalow single-family style home. The house has some land around it on all sides though one side has a very thin strip of land, typical of urban living. This area seems to be the source of the water that floods the basement.

In dealing with this task, I've decided to do a complete overhaul of water handling on my lot. My hope is that by blogging about it I can share the trials, errors, lessons learned and design ideas that I encounter through this process.

I am a biologist and landscape architect by training and hope to continue this blog to include my other interests, urban food production and restored urban ecology.

No comments:

Post a Comment