Anna Glenn has been designing productive communities - for aesthetic, ecological, and economic benefit - since 1998.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Water-clogged, Day 2

I left the full rain barrel alone for a day to drain through the hose but alas, it has not. I debated whether to open the bottom valve to drain it, which would probably leave a large puddle of water around the barrel and could possibly even flood the basement. If I didn't empty it, it would definitely overflow in an overnight rain.

I decided to risk the flood and emptied the barrel by opening the bottom valve. Since I have yet to set up the secondary system it created the big puddle I predicted. Fortunately, we have surprisingly decent soil and it soaked in quickly. There was no flooding in the basement that night but it was inspiration to make a decision about the what the secondary system would be, buried drain tile or...?

No comments:

Post a Comment